At Lydian Academy, we serve every student in the environment that suits them best. We offer homeschooled students one-to-one education online in a personalized setting where they feel comfortable and focused. Middle and high school homeschooling can be challenging for parents, but with our customized online learning programs, your child can have access to all the tools, support, and resources they need to succeed.
How Does Lydian Academy Support Students Learning at Home?
With our private middle and high school online, Lydian’s academic deans can assist young people grades 6-12 in adding required and elective courses to their transcripts. After a full school experience online, students leave Lydian Academy fully prepared to pursue their post-secondary education and achieve their life goals.
Which Students Benefit from Lydian’s Online School?
Both full-time and part-time students benefit from one-to-one learning and attending a customized school online. Our live one-student, one-teacher virtual classrooms will always move at the pace that fully engages the learner. Individual learning styles and personal interests will guide your child through required coursework and help them enhance their love of learning.
Students who have been previously educated at home are well suited to Lydian’s live one-on-one instruction online. They will enjoy the expanded virtual or hybrid learning experience that Lydian offers, which prioritizes their interests and values in their journey to becoming responsible, mature, and ethical young adults.
At Lydian Academy, every student is the focus of their own online education. This individualized approach is well suited to students who:
- Have highly developed academic talents and wish to pursue Early College High School (ECHS) or AP college prep coursework in an full-time online school
- Find it easier to excel in their home environment without distractions or social pressures
- Need to start or change schools immediately by taking advantage of open enrollment and rolling admissions
- Have extended absences or need just a few credits to fill educational gaps with part-time courses for credit
- Are not thriving in their current educational environment
- Are performance artists or athletes with demanding training and travel
- Frequently relocate due to their parents’ employment needs and want to avoid changing full-time school programs
- Experience health challenges but want to continue with online high school or online middle school courses
- Need one-to-one on-demand courses, tutoring, or summer school programs
- Are gifted or 2e students who want more flexible scheduling and individualized attention
- Have learning differences that are better supported by a one-to-one approach in an online learning environment
Coursework at Lydian Academy provides a broad variety of NCAA and UC approved high school courses and middle school classes covering mathematics, sciences, language, social studies, and more. Working with our educational specialists, your child can structure a college prep or personalized program that will meet their needs and expand their opportunities.
We specialize in both virtual instruction and in-person learning at Lydian Academy. If you are local to our campuses in Burlingame, CA or Menlo Park, CA, your child can take advantage of a hybrid approach of both virtual learning and one-on-one in-person classrooms. Contact us today to schedule a virtual open house or learn more about our innovative approach to student-centered learning.