Lydian’s student-centered approach to education encourages students to build skills to help them become strong self-advocates, critical thinkers, and lifelong learners. Lydian students cannot be easily described in any kind of homogenous sense. They are diverse in their interests, pursuits, abilities, and postsecondary plans. The thread that connects students at Lydian is their positive learning experience in our one-on-one courses.
- wants to experience education at their own pace, in a personalized way, and in a creative and supportive learning environment.
- is currently disengaged, and/or having trouble connecting or finding their rhythm in the larger school environment.
- is academically talented and wants to further their studies by digging deeper or enrolling in the AP program and/or Lydian's Early College High School Program.
- may have been deemed an "under-achiever" in school, whose grades on prior transcripts do not accurately reflect their abilities.
- is looking to remediate coursework and strengthen their foundations.
- wants to have their strengths recognized and enriched, and to have their areas of growth become skill-building opportunities.
- sees the value in learning and not just an emphasis on grades.
- wants doors open to multiple, postsecondary paths: attending high caliber universities, continuing on to a community college, or perhaps a vocational route that leads to a career of choice.
Whatever the reason, students come to Lydian to enhance and rediscover the joys of learning. Lydian’s learning environment fosters self-awareness, self-advocacy, and resilience. Any and all students can benefit from Lydian Academy’s personalized, one-on-one learning environment!