Lydian Academy provides an innovative learning approach that works for a broad range of learners. Lydian students develop a strong sense of purpose, placing them on a path to becoming part of a responsible global citizenry. At Lydian, whether it’s challenging coursework or rediscovering the value of lifelong learning, students are given the opportunity to soar!
Families choose Lydian because our school model promotes growth and success while offering a flexible schedule. Under the guidance, expertise, and personalized support of Lydian faculty, students discover the joys of learning. Courses at Lydian foster intellectual inquiry while at the same time help students build the confidence they need. More than anything, students are provided with the space to develop, ensuring that their individual needs are met on a daily basis.
Students may come to Lydian because they are:
- academically talented and want to further their studies by digging deeper. These students enroll in the AP program and/or Lydian's Early College High School Program.
- navigating health and/or emotional challenges. These students often have a history of extended absences and credits to make up.
- competitive athletes with demanding training and competition schedules, requiring flexibility in their schedule without sacrificing the quality of their academic program
- historical "under-achievers" in school whose grades on prior transcripts do not accurately reflect their abilities.
- disenfranchised, disengaged, and/or trouble connecting and finding their rhythm in the larger school environment.
- possessing holes in their academic preparation who need to build a strong foundation before moving on.
Students may also come to Lydian because they have:
- learning differences that were never adequately addressed in the classroom setting. These students are bright, but their potential is often masked by a mismatch in their learning environment.
- low self-esteem, especially in school. Some may have experienced educational trauma due to some of the aforementioned characteristics.
Whatever the reason, students come to Lydian to enhance and rediscover the joys of learning!