Lydian Academy’s mission is to develop young people with active and creative minds by nurturing their innate joys of learning through authentic academic success. By stressing academic excellence for all types of students, whatever their abilities, Lydian students will extend their learning beyond the classroom in order to experience long-term success.
At Lydian Academy, we believe that school should be a daily reminder of how much fun it
is to learn. In 2006, Lydian was founded with the goal of creating a vibrant learning community that accounts for individual differences without compromising academics. Since then, Lydian has matured into the academically sound, joyful learning environment first envisioned by its founder. Students of all abilities report renewed excitement and engagement with learning.
Lydian Academy is committed to making the school a welcoming place for all students where education is accessible, taking into account each student’s unique learning needs. Every member of the Lydian community works towards maintaining a warm, safe, and engaging school environment. Students, teachers, and staff behave in a mutually respectful manner.
At Lydian, we believe that work surrounding diversity, equity, and inclusion never ends. It involves an ongoing effort to provide affirming spaces for everyone in the school community, both in and out of the classroom. A diverse student body is one that thrives!
At Lydian Academy, we are committed to building an empowered community of students who are invested in their education. Not only do students gain course content knowledge, but they develop valuable skill-sets in the process. Infused in every aspect of life at Lydian, we operate under the following school-wide learning outcomes.
Students will become life-long learners who:
- Use reflection to evaluate academic progress and develop internal motivation to sustain continuous learning.
- Develop a sense of their gifts and talents and set educational goals to realize their potential.
- Make the connection between education and career possibilities.
Students will become academic achievers who:
- Are well prepared to continue their education and pursue the post-secondary path of their choice.
- Enjoy success in school and are confident in their academic abilities.
- Produce quality work to their full potential.
- Use feedback to assess, monitor, and improve progress.
Students will become self-directed learners who:
- Set and work towards specific learning goals.
- Are aware of learning strategies that work best for them.
- Ask for help when they need it.
- Develop self-advocacy skills and use them to succeed academically.